Thursday, April 15, 2010

222


Well I wrote down all the capital letters (in order) from my page and decoded them. Silly, I realize. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it:
ALL MT SA J MC J SOM SSOON DRV LMN TT BMP BTRRN MUMTS RWN MD PPPP WWW ACFS ME BG PHH TADAS

which I translate into:
All Montana saw J make J some soon drive lemons till the bump between mumps rowing mad papapapa will will will accost me. Beg. Phh! Tada!s

On a more "real" note: My page is full of music, song, full of "melodiotiosities." I also noticed inklings of Nabokov's seaside girls, "maidykins in undiform" and "those first girly stirs, with zitterings of flight released and twinglings of twitchbells in rondel after, with waverings that made shimmershake rather naightily all the duskcended airs and shylit beacongings from shehind hims back."
I also think of Tinkerbell with the shimmershake and twinglings.
"Evelings" in context seems to mean evenings, but it reminds me of Eve. At the top of my page it says, "in the beginning" which could potentially solidify the Eve reference. Also, "an argument follows" as if the apple has been eaten.

In the center of the page, Joyce talks about transformation, which reminds me a great deal of "met him pike hoses" from Ulysses, better known as metempsychosis, the transmigration of the soul.
The Bearded Mountain: I am intrigued, but entirely at a loss.
Lots of french as well on this page.
I see the image of a lighthouse in the "beaconings" or beckoning sweeps of light.
"Catastrophear" for some reason brings me to King Lear. also the obvious: catastrophe. Maybe the catastrophic end of Lear.
River Romps to Nursery: This reminds me of Anna Livia, Anna Liffey, slipping back into the river to resume the cycle, which would inevitably lead her back to a nursery.

For some reason, at the beginning of the semester, I disliked my page and wanted to switch. But the more and more I am familiar with the page, the better I like it.

And for anyone who was in the Nabokov class, the RAYNBOW page is 226.

Tomorrow is our group presentation! Get ready . . . it's going to be a gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment