Monday, April 12, 2010

Six Bardos

I'm working on my capstone paper currently, and I just wanted to thank Tyler for mentioning the bardo in class today. My paper deals with the process of arriving at "the still point" through the stages of life, which the concept of the bardos is really helping me to clarify!
I also called my dad, as he studies Buddhism, and he helped me out a bit.

Also . . . the other night at the filming of Finnegans Wake, Dr. Sexson asked me exactly what my job is. I photograph weddings. So this is primarily for Dr. Sexson, but here's what I do if you're curious. This is a wedding I photographed last summer up at Springhill Pavilion. And you would never know it but there was a crazy rainfall bordering on flash flood for about 10 minutes just before the wedding.
http://www.blubirdimages.com/showcase/GuttagAlbum1/

p.s. if you watch the book, you might want to mute the song!. i don't like it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment