Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My paper presentation

As you already know I am working with the transmutation of Eliot's Four Quartets through our reading of them. One could argue that Eliot's words are not in need of purification or any sort of transmutation for that matter; however, I have realized that while this may be true, Eliot's words lie on the page meaningless until they are read, under which process transmutation (via interpretation, etc.) inevitably takes place. One cannot prevent this interpretation and addition of meaning when one reads a piece.

I also want to clarify that I am reading not Kenneth Grahame but Victor Graham. I am working with his article, "Proust's Alchemy," from which I am gleaning information on alchemy, helping to contributes to my musings on the idea of transmutation and/or purification.

No comments:

Post a Comment